‘Tis the season for festive activities and events! Grab your calendar, gather your family and friends, and get in the holiday spirit with these holiday happenings in your city.
Holiday Happenings in Huntsville
- Skating in the Park: Take a trip to Big Spring Park to ice skate in the outdoor rinks set up directly behind the Huntsville Art Museum. The rink will be open until January 17, 2022, and tickets are available for purchase ($5-15) at the entrance.
- Tinsel Trail: While you’re in Big Spring Park, take a stroll around the holiday tree trail. This free display of live Christmas trees is celebrating 10 years in 2021 and is ideal for families looking to get into the Christmas spirit. The tree trail will be up until January 2, 2022.
- Galaxy of Lights: The Galaxy of Lights at Huntsville Botanical Gardens is a must-see display of magnificent Christmas lights. With walking nights, dog walking nights, and driving experiences, Galaxy of Lights offers guests of all ages the chance to share in the beloved tradition at the Gardens. Tickets range from $7-$30 and are available to pre-purchase online or at the Garden’s front desk during regular business hours.
- Star of Bethlehem Planetarium Show: Experience the wonders of the season at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center! The presentation will explore the Star of Bethlehem in an astronomical context on their captivating 67-foot dome screen. Balancing both science and religion, we’ll explore theories on what celestial phenomenon may have led the Magi to the Nativity more than 2,000 years ago. They are hosting two presentations: Dec. 20 and 27 at 7 p.m.
- Christmas Card Lane: Visitors are invited to drive along Church and Front Street, in Madison’s historic downtown neighborhood, to enjoy an outdoor, life-size Christmas card exhibit. The cards will be illuminated until 9PM each night in the month of December.
- Rocket City Christmas Light Show: Toyota Field will also be decked out in holiday lights. Guests can drive through the magical safari-themed light show, tune into their vehicle’s radio, and experience a spectacular synchronization of music and lights. Tickets can be purchased for $30/car online in advance or on the day of the event.
Holiday Happenings in Birmingham
- Red Mountain Theatre Holiday Spectacular: The entire family will enjoy Red Mountain Theatre Company’s annual Holiday Spectacular! The family-friendly show features all of your favorite music of the season and takes place Wednesday through Saturday at 8 p.m., with matinee performances at 2 p.m. on weekends. Tickets start at $20 for children and $25 for adults.
- Wacky Tacky Christmas Light Tour: Climb aboard a family-friendly tour bus to tour the wackest of holiday light displays in town. Buses will depart from Tropicaleo in downtown Birmingham every 15 minutes from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on December 14-16 and 21s. Tickets are $45.
- Holiday Film Series at the Alabama Theatre: Catch your favorite Christmas movie at Birmingham’s most historic theater! Shows begin at 7 p.m. each night, with additional matinee showings at 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $10 each plus fees.
- Alabama Ballet presents George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker: As one of only eight ballet companies in the world licensed by The George Balanchine Trust to perform this show, the talented ballerinas at the Alabama Ballet are sure to transport you to a magical world full of sugarplums and snowflakes. This is an experience the whole family can enjoy. Performance times vary depending on the day, and tickets start at $45. Performances take place at the BJCC Concert Hall.
- Holiday Story Walk at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens: Stroll through the Birmingham Botanical Gardens to view its iconic poinsettia tree while you listen to Tomie dePaola’s The Legend of the Poinsettia — a heartwarming retelling of the Mexican folktale about the origin of the famous holiday plant. The Holiday Story Walk takes place from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and is part of Birmingham Botanical Gardens’ new Family Fun Days series. Tickets are $15 and include admission for one adult and one child.
Happy Holidays from Petro Accident & Injury Attorneys
We hope you get out and enjoy some of these holiday festivities in Birmingham and Huntsville. All of us at Petro Accident & Injury Attorneys wish you a happy, healthy and safe holiday season!