Injury. It happens every day. Injuries come in all shapes and sizes, with all different kinds of consequences. Some injuries require very little care and your life goes back to normal fairly quickly. However, other injuries cause months, or even years, of doctors visits, time off work, and physical therapies. You may have suffered an injury recently. Thankfully, the Alabama attorneys at Pitman & Petro Attorneys at Law are able to handle your personal injury needs.
Definition of Personal Injuries
The term “personal injuries” refers to any injury that was possibly caused by another’s’ carelessness. Basically, an injury that could have been avoided. Because your injury was not your fault, you may be awarded compensation, or damages, for your loss of income or extra expenses. Often, negligence causes personal injury. Sometimes, a defective product does the same. Personal injury attorneys tell you the difference and also what you can do about them.
Types of Personal Injuries
As you can imagine, multiple types of injuries fall under the category of personal injuries. You should know what qualifies and what doesn’t. Just to name a few scenarios:
You drive your son to soccer practice when all of a sudden the car next to you cuts you off. The driver didn’t use their signal, and struck your vehicle. You slide off the road and into a partition, and your son breaks his ankle.
- Recovering from Thanksgiving dinner by burning those calories at the gym? Good for you- until the cord holding the 250 pounds you bench snaps and crushes your writing hand.
- During your commute to work, you notice that the bus driver likes to text while he drives. Once, while he texts, he almost misses a red light and slams on the breaks, throwing you forward and giving you whiplash.
- You love driving your new motorcycle on the weekends. A driver fails to check their blind spot and, as a result, hits you. You break your left leg, right arm, and jaw. You must quit your job and recover.
Keep these in mind in case you or someone you know suffers from them or something similar. Personal injuries sometimes happen when you least expect them! Stay prepared, and have a plan. Alabama attorneys are ready to help.
QUIZ! Who is Liable for my Injury?
The responsible party caused the injury. In the cases above, can you find the person liable?
Go back and read the scenarios again. Then, read below to see if you guessed correctly.
- The driver of the other car caused your son’s ankle to be broken. Because they neglected to signal, they are liable for the accident and subsequent injuries.
- OUCH! Possibly, you already signed a waiver to join this gym that waives their liability. If not, the gym owes you your working hand back. Hopefully, you don’t have to type too much at work.
- Obviously, bus drivers cannot text and drive. The driver gravely endangered you, the rest of the people on the bus, fellow drivers, and pedestrians. What a miracle that nothing worse happened.
- Similar to scenario one, the driver neglected to follow a basic driving rule. This severely injured you, and also damaged your ride as well.
Someone else liable for your injury? Many people find significant help by using personal injury lawyer. So, see below for why you need to hire one.
Benefits of hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
You already have enough on your plate. Between physical therapy, doctor appointments, and finding a job you can do while on crutches, finding a time to manage your own personal injury case can be even more draining. You don’t need more things to worry about. Take a load off and hire a personal injury lawyer.
They can listen to you and manage your case themselves. You will have someone to talk to and ask questions. Also, you will have someone reliable to correctly figure and document your losses. Do you know how to keep these straight and also file them correctly? Personal injury lawyers do just that. Don’t want to make phone calls to interview witnesses and insurance companies? We have you covered. We act in your best interest. Therefore, you can depend on us.
Good Questions to Ask Alabama Attorneys
Once you realize the need for Alabama attorneys, plan out some questions for your candidates to answer. Here are some examples:
- How long have you been in practice?
- What fees apply and when are they due?
- Do you focus on personal injury cases? Do you have many like mine?
- If I lose, who pays case related costs?
- What do you see from my case that might help? Hurt also?
- How long does a case like mine take to resolve?
- Who will handle my case, and what role to I fill moving forward?
- Who can I contact if I have a small, quick concern?
- What do you think my case is worth?
Feel free to add more questions to this list. Also, feel free to ask us these questions too! We operate 24/7, 365 days a year.
How do I go about hiring an attorney?
You can hire an attorney fairly easily. Thankfully, you came to the right place. At Pitman & Petro Attorneys at Law, we offer a free consultation. Simply contact us by phone or use our Live Chat feature. From then on, we will work very closely with you to get you the compensation you deserve. And best of all, you won’t pay us anything until we win your case.
How Can Alabama Attorneys Help Me?
Our attorneys will listen to your situation and explain your rights to you and also your options. They will help you understand if your case qualifies as personal injury and if so, who is liable for your damages.
We at Pitman & Petro Attorneys at Law promise a friendly and professional atmosphere. Also, that comes three perks you won’t get anywhere else. Firstly, we have a Client Advocate on staff. He works as the only Client Advocate in the state of Alabama! You can go to him with any complaint you may have. He focuses on helping clients with their concerns. We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like working with us, within the first 30 days of your case you are able to take your file and start over elsewhere.In addition, our Pitman Promise dedicates us to you. When you are working with us, we see a face and not a number. Your calls will promptly be returned. If you cannot travel to us, our Alabama attorneys will come to you.
More About Pitman & Petro Attorneys at Law
Pitman & Petro Attorneys at Law is located in Huntsville, Alabama. We dedicate ourselves to bringing you wonderful customer service and no fee unless we win. We would love to hear from you. So, reach out to us on Twitter, Facebook, or through our Free Case Review. Don’t let your personal injury get you down. Get the compensation you deserve.
The information on this blog is for general information purposes only. Nothing herein should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.